afrika korps forum Forum Index afrika korps forum
Welcome to the Afrika Korps Forum, new version.A forum about the German army and allied in WWII and WWI only

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tropical Field Gear and Personal Effects By Wessels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK equipment
Previous topic :: Next topic  
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:49 (2013)    Post subject: Tropical Field Gear and Personal Effects By Wessels Reply with quote

Hello fellow Tropen enthusiasts!
My name is Lawrence. I am fellow forum member, Erik aka Unfront's brother, and long time collector of german militaria. Like him, my focus is on ground forces of the Third Reich....but have a love for it all!
I look forward to sharing as well as learning from this forum. One of the best parts of this hobby is that there is no end to what we can learn. It is endless! Although I have other tropical german items to soon share, I thought I would start out by sharing a recent shot of my basic field gear and personal effects as would have been typically carried by a Heeres soldier serving in Nord Afrika.
Enjoy and I look forward to the future! 
Wessels

Hi Wessels,
thats a good looking and comprehensive selection of field gear and personal effects.
Here is my tropical water bottle.

Regards,
Jerry

Sand camo binoe's, though the serial number and the triangle mark make them from late 43, I think, so not from Afrika, but maybe Italy.  Very good, whatever, IMO.
The true colour is somewhere between the range shown in the pictures.
Regards,
Jerry

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:49 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:50 (2013)    Post subject: Tropical Field Gear and Personal Effects By Wessels Reply with quote

Adding a couple of small items with a tropical theme, though not exclusively tropical.  Two packets of cigarette rolling papers with the Efka pyramid logo and a cigarette tin, marked tropical packing.

Jerry

Here are a few photos of my tropical field gear.

A close up:

Another close up:

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:52 (2013)    Post subject: Tropical Field Gear and Personal Effects By Wessels Reply with quote

Thank you all. Here is a photo of my ruck sack and zelt set up - complete with tropical web equipment and shoulder straps.

And one of the reverse:

Here are a few smaller items to start off with, the match safe is a Aussie Vet desert pick up.
Again you can see were it has been burnt by something? And wondering if anybody knows the
history of these cigarettes they have the German Eagle & Swaztika but have these Arab symbols
in the corners. Was the German Army in the Mediterranean getting their tobacco supplies from Turkey
or some other Arab nation??? Or were they always getting their supplies from an Arab nation? As they have
Dresden printed on them but then have Orient-Cigaretten on the back, so i'm a bit confused, whats goin on ere :rolleyes:
These cigarettes have not been opened.

don_kihotis7
Modérateur

PostPosted: Fri 5 Feb - 17:07 (2016)    Post subject: Tropical Field Gear and Personal Effects By Wessels Reply with quote

Awesome set ups.
Pity that some of the photos have been lost.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 18:16 (2017)    Post subject: Tropical Field Gear and Personal Effects By Wessels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK equipment All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation