afrika korps forum Forum Index afrika korps forum
Welcome to the Afrika Korps Forum, new version.A forum about the German army and allied in WWII and WWI only

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Italian Impression (Bersaglieri) By Tinsoldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> Italian Allied Army
Previous topic :: Next topic  
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:28 (2013)    Post subject: Italian Impression (Bersaglieri) By Tinsoldier Reply with quote

G, day guys
This is my impression of an Italian Bersaglieri Soldier all items are original except for the Pith Helmet
is one of those WW2 re-issued post-war re-lined ones and has different chinstrap than WW2 plus it's
a mock-up Bersaglieri. I bought an old Bersaglieri black felt hat with cock feathers
and stuck them in the Pith Helmet got a badge and a nice bleached Rosette that has seen service,
the purple insignia on right side of collar when looking at it is original but finding only one i had to mock-up
one for the other side. I also have the pants that came with the tunic plus tropical puttees. The shirt is a repro
DAK, i just need a tropical gasmask, side bag and boots to complete it. The tunic, pants and puttees
came from Rex Tyre, as i also had that Italian tan painted Artillery M33 Helmet that was in his book
Mussolini's Soldiers at one stage. But not being infantry i sold it what an idiot,...lol!
I have a photo of that somewhere but will have to find it?

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:28 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:28 (2013)    Post subject: Italian Impression (Bersaglieri) By Tinsoldier Reply with quote

Hi! your "Bersagliere" mannequin is good, in his general parts, but the number of badge 27 is no correct...sorry:/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the index of Bersaglieri Regiments  during  Ethiopia Campaign 1935-36 and WW2:
-1°Rgt  (Ethiopia 1935-36)- WW2 Div.Centauro in North Africa
-3°Rgt (Ethiopia 1935-35)
-4°Rgt(Ethiopia with few complements, in 1935-36)
-5°Rgt ( in Ethiopia with only 51 men in 1935-36)  in 1942  5 Rgt was divided Part in libia and 1943  inTunisia.
-6°Rgt  in 1942 was part of 3a DIVISIONE CELERE  "Principe Amedeo D'Aosta"  LYBIA
-7°Rgt DIVISIONE MOTORIZZATA TRENTO 1940-42 (El ALAMEIN battle-SOLLUM battle ) in 1943 Div.CENTAURO (Tunisia)
-8°Rgt with "DIVISIONE GIOVANI FASCISTI"  in north Africa : Battle of Tobruk,Agedabia,Sidi Rezegh,El mirair, etc etc..
-9°Rgt (Ethiopia, in part inside 3°Rgt,1935-36) 1942 North Africa: Sidi el razegh, battle of BIR EL GOBI .
-11°Rgt Ethiopia 1935-36
-12°Rgt (a part of Rgt in Ethiopia 1935-36) during ww2 inside DIVISIONE ARIETE in North Africa
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a p.h Mod.1928 (issued) first model (pre-war WW2) with goggles mod.1942 (black elast.)for motorized troops .The tricolour cockade (9Cm) in wool is tipical of special corps only
(Royal Carabiners,Grenadiers,Bersaglieri).
Smile

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:29 (2013)    Post subject: Italian Impression (Bersaglieri) By Tinsoldier Reply with quote

Thanks Mark, there is probably a bit of Italian Tropical gear floating around in NZ i bet Very Happy
And thanks  Portosaid,...i will have to see if i can get another number as i was trying to do a Tobruk
impression. Your information on Bersaglieri Regiments in north Africa is great, cheers.
Here are the trousers and tropical puttees, i still do not have boots yet.
Plus the M33 tropical painted helmet for Artillery Regiment that was shown in Rex Tyres Mussolini's Soldiers book.
Some of these photos were taken in the days before digital cameras so sorry for the quality, the first one is
my Italian Uniform on a full dummy with captured Flag behind *(this was suppose to have been picked up in Bardia).
I also did some of the Tunic, the Puttees could also be from Rex Tyres book as a friend i know bought a lot of his collection
then i bought all of this gear from my friend.
Note also DAK impression on the right wearing the shorts and short sleeve shirt and Erel Cap.
Enjoy!

Note the helmet on the right of the M33 is the same 1940 dated one i have shown in my Australian Impression. And also
my DAK Pith Helmet i used to own and Erel 1941 Cap, Japanese Helmet with cover, WW1 British and Commonwealth Helmet, WW1 German M16
WW1 Austrian, the other Pith Helmet in the centre at top is WW1 British but Australian with Rising Sun badge on front.

The things we do, if i had my time ove again the M33 and DAK Pith Helmet would still be in my collection, hang on i'll just
kick myself again,    Surprised...ouch!!!
Cheers
Stu

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:14 (2017)    Post subject: Italian Impression (Bersaglieri) By Tinsoldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> Italian Allied Army All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation