afrika korps forum Forum Index afrika korps forum
Welcome to the Afrika Korps Forum, new version.A forum about the German army and allied in WWII and WWI only

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Luftwaffe tropical tunics By Jerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK Tunic Forum
Previous topic :: Next topic  
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:35 (2013)    Post subject: Luftwaffe tropical tunics By Jerry Reply with quote

Here is my sadly messed with Luftwaffe tropical tunic.  It has a copy eagle, no breast pocket flaps and a mixture of buttons, but hopefully one day I can restore it.  The officers shoulder boards were in the pocket when I got it but could have been added at any time.  I tried to research the name on the tag, but with no luck so far.  The rear flap has been sewn shut and a waist adjuster has been added, but when this was done is not known.
Hopefully, others will add their Luftwaffe tropical tunics to this thread.
Regards,
Jerry

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:35 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:35 (2013)    Post subject: Luftwaffe tropical tunics By Jerry Reply with quote

Here is a photo group of my Luftwaffe ropical tunic that was introduced in another thread:

It is hard to tell from this photo, but the eagle is original to this tunic. I will take some more detailed shots of the interior when time permits.

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:36 (2013)    Post subject: Luftwaffe tropical tunics By Jerry Reply with quote

Looks good Erik, thanks for the extra pics.
Here are some more of my example.
Regards,
Jerry

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:36 (2013)    Post subject: Luftwaffe tropical tunics By Jerry Reply with quote

Here are some additional shots of the interior of the tunic from post #2 above.
Reverse of the eagle:

Complete with S Hooks for all buttons:

Full shot of the interior:

Neck closure:

S.Vestae
Administrateur

Here is a private purchase Luftwaffe Officer's tropical tunic. This tunic appears as if it is a converted tropical KM tunic; however, upon closer inspection, it is not. This was tailored from the ground up. (A side by side comparison with a KM tunic makes for a "night and day" comparison). I have seen a few tunics like this for sale on various websites, in addition, Dal McGuirk's book, Rommel's Army in Africa has a photo of "an Italian officer serving in the German Army as a translator" wearing a tunic of this cut. I presume that this uniform was privately tailored in Italy.

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:37 (2013)    Post subject: Luftwaffe tropical tunics By Jerry Reply with quote

Hi,
it looks very similar in cut to my KM coastal art summer/'brown' tunic.

Regards,
Jerry

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 10:38 (2013)    Post subject: Luftwaffe tropical tunics By Jerry Reply with quote

I noticed this for sale a while back and thought it was interesting and might be relevant for this thread.

Jerry

Thought I'd post this from p115 of the French Afrikakorps book.  I had to replace some letters as it was a bit cropped.

Jerry

My brother just posted a period photo showing a Luftwaffe Officer on a train in the US (as a POW). Check out the photo of the officer in the lower right hand corner of the photo.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:13 (2017)    Post subject: Luftwaffe tropical tunics By Jerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK Tunic Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation