afrika korps forum Forum Index afrika korps forum
Welcome to the Afrika Korps Forum, new version.A forum about the German army and allied in WWII and WWI only

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerry collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK Insignia
Previous topic :: Next topic  
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:34 (2013)    Post subject: Jerry collection Reply with quote

Here is my tropical signal blitz collection.  There are still a few variations I don't have.  It is very difficult to find used examples of these and most appear to have been 'captured' from unissued stocks.  You do see these in period pictures, but often they look to be wearing the continental versions.
Regards,
Jerry

My DAK/Tropical trade patch collection.  From research it appears that only six trades had tropical versions manufactured, though you do see some others being worn, but they are the continental versions.
Regards,
Jerry

My DAK/Tropical eagle collection.
Regards,
Jerry

My very small tropical rank patch collection, though some of these are used examples.

Regards,
Jerry

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:34 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:36 (2013)    Post subject: Jerry collection Reply with quote

A set of tropical collar litzen, though not  a pair but a double, as both are the same.  I am still glad to have them!
Regards,
Jerry

An early official version of the Afrikakorps cufftitle, with the green backing.  This is the type that is sometimes seen worn during the war.

Regards,
Jerry

Jerry, that is a very nice insignia collection you have there.
I do not have much by the way of loose insignia, just a few shoulder boards. Here are some photos of a pair of Luftwaffe Tropical NCO shoulderboards piped in yellow for Flight/Falschirm troops.

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:38 (2013)    Post subject: Jerry collection Reply with quote

Great Information Jerry,
I love your Afrika cufftitle, a other one :

Adding some tropenhelm shields from my collection.
Regards,
Jerry

I just 'won' this one on ebay, said to have been dug up at Tobruk.
Regards,
Jerry

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:40 (2013)    Post subject: Jerry collection Reply with quote

I have posted this pair of shields in the Tropenhelm thread, but as they are, IMO, the rarest type of tropenhelm shields, I thought I'd posted these detail pics in this section.  They are attached to an Italian M28 helmet, reissued to the KM and are thought to be the earliest type or theater made.

Regards,
Jerry

Yes Sebastien, I posted it in the tropenhelm thread, but here it is for ease of access. SmileSmile
Regards,
Jerry

I thought it might be useful to post individual pictures of my tropical eagle collection.  I'll start with the cap eagles, though I don't have Luftwaffe or SS versions (yet)!
Regards,
Jerry
Heer tropical cap eagle, probably early type with 'plump' weave and green backing fabric

Heer tropical cap eagle, mid war type

Late war type with rayon blend weave and tan backing fabric

Early to mid type, though said to have been captured in Germany in 1945

Km cap eagle, probably French made

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:41 (2013)    Post subject: Jerry collection Reply with quote

And now for the tunic or shirt eagles.
Regards,
Jerry
Early type, with 'plump' weave, tunic removed

mid to late type, rayon blend weave, captured from the same soldat as the cap cut off shown earlier in the cap eagle post

Early type, with 'plump' weave and greenish backing, unissued

KM tunic or shirt eagle

SS tropical tunic eagle, tunic removed, which is quite rare to see

unissued Luftwaffe tunic eagle

Shirt removed eagle

variation shirt removed eagle

Jerry B

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jun - 19:33 (2013)    Post subject: Jerry collection Reply with quote

Can't see the pictures!

S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jun - 21:08 (2013)    Post subject: Jerry collection Reply with quote

Arffff because it's the old forum uploader pic ! the pics are visible one time on two.. please try again

acanais12

PostPosted: Mon 13 Feb - 15:05 (2017)    Post subject: Jerry collection Reply with quote

S.Vestae wrote:
 I have posted this pair of shields in the Tropenhelm thread, but as they are assurances deces, IMO, the rarest type of tropenhelm shields, I thought I'd posted these detail pics in this section.  They are attached to an Italian M28 helmet, reissued to the KM and are thought to be the earliest type or theater made.

Regards,
Jerry

Yes Sebastien, I posted it in the tropenhelm thread, but here it is for ease of access. Smile Smile
Regards,
Jerry

I thought it might be useful to post individual pictures of my tropical eagle collection.  I'll start with the cap eagles, though I don't have Luftwaffe or SS versions (yet)!
Regards,
Jerry
Heer tropical cap eagle, probably early type with 'plump' weave and green backing fabric

Heer tropical cap eagle, mid war type

Late war type with rayon blend weave and tan backing fabric

Early to mid type, though said to have been captured in Germany in 1945

Km cap eagle, probably French made

Merci de nous avoir éclairé sur le sujet. C'est vraiment génial.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 18:16 (2017)    Post subject: Jerry collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK Insignia All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation