afrika korps forum Forum Index afrika korps forum
Welcome to the Afrika Korps Forum, new version.A forum about the German army and allied in WWII and WWI only

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Afrikakorps cuff title

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK Insignia
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Timothy

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul - 08:57 (2016)    Post subject: Afrikakorps cuff title Reply with quote

Hello,

Many question I have about the correctness of a dak uniform.
To start with is the afrikakorps cuff title.
Was it for any soldier? Or only officers?
From when it was issued?
Is the green outher line there to fold inside? Or also possible to be just not folded at the back, and just sew it on the uniform?
I read on the internet it should be sewn on the left arm, with most pictures and drawnings I see them on the right arm? Heigt about 14 to 15 cm?
And wich position the line afrikakorps should be exactly?

Hope someone has all the answers for me.

Regards,

Tim Jantzen

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul - 08:57 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
don_kihotis7
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep - 13:52 (2016)    Post subject: Afrikakorps cuff title Reply with quote

Hello Tim, sorry for the late reply.

This forum is a backup of the one we are currently using now. 

The address of the primary one is: http://afrikakorps.forumcrea.com/index.php

don_kihotis7
Modérateur

PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep - 14:01 (2016)    Post subject: Afrikakorps cuff title Reply with quote

As for your questions:

Was it for any soldier? Or only officers? Both

From when it was issued? 1941 until 1943. From 1941 till mid late 1942 the cufftitle had an olive green color. The later pattern was executed on tan fabric. 

Is the green outher line there to fold inside? Or also possible to be just not folded at the back, and just sew it on the uniform? Both ways are shown on period photos.

I read on the internet it should be sewn on the left arm, with most pictures and drawnings I see them on the right arm? Heigt about 14 to 15 cm? No, on the left arm only the "Afrika" cufftitle was worn. The "Afrikakorps" should be sewn on the right arm. 

And wich position the line afrikakorps should be exactly? As you said, approximately 14-15cms from the cuff. 

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 18:14 (2017)    Post subject: Afrikakorps cuff title

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK Insignia All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation