afrika korps forum Forum Index afrika korps forum
Welcome to the Afrika Korps Forum, new version.A forum about the German army and allied in WWII and WWI only

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Been a Good Month (or Two) By NZMark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK Collection
Previous topic :: Next topic  
S.Vestae
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:45 (2013)    Post subject: It's Been a Good Month (or Two) By NZMark Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
 I took advantage of the sun this afternoon and photographed some of what's come in this last while.
 I haven't included pictures of insignia or other items of fieldgear/sudries, while a major piece is still in transit from the US (I'll post that when it does with it's relative artifacts), but I thought it worthwhile keeping our website ticking...
 The tunic came out from The States. I've been watching it for several years and when offered it I didn't hesitate. The straps came with it, continental but the dirt marks on the right arm show that these were worn in conjunction during it's worklife. The tunic is quite grubby and has never been cleaned (love that). There is clear evidence of an oval shaped patch on the right sleeve...intrigueing!
 The breeches came locally and have an NZ serviceman's details hand-written on their waistband. This is currently being researched. All dates are washed out, and these were possibly worn by an NZ POW in Libya before being freed by his own side. I have seen images of NZ troops wearing DAK breeches and tropical boots.
 The two belt sets have been shown here already, and are both NZ soldier's souvenir's as are the 1940 pattern webbed Y straps.
 The boots are an enigma. These are classed as fakes, but for me the jury is well and truly out. IF fake - then I cannot see how they can be improved as such. Possibly worthy of their own thread.
 Best Regards,
 Mark

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jun - 09:45 (2013)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
alexandre

PostPosted: Mon 9 Nov - 22:23 (2015)    Post subject: It's Been a Good Month (or Two) By NZMark Reply with quote

hello Mark i can't see your pictures

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:58 (2017)    Post subject: It's Been a Good Month (or Two) By NZMark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    afrika korps forum Forum Index -> Forum Rules -> DAK Collection All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation